Dimitri Lazarescu: Violin Lessons, College Entrance Auditions and Professional Orchestra Auditions Coach
Born, raised and educated in Romania, Dimitri Lazarescu started violin lessons at the age of six, at first privately then through the Music Schools system in Romania. He graduated from the Dinu Lipatti School of Music in 1968 and finished his Masters’ Degree in Violin Performance and Pedagogy at the CiprianPorumbescu Conservatory in Bucharest, Romania. Upon finishing hisstudieshe was hired by the Romanian National Radio Symphony Orchestra in Bucharest, where played until he left Romania in 1980.
He has also taught Violin and Viola at the Dinu Lipatti School of Music in Bucharest, Romania.Upon arriving in the US, he freelanced around the Greater Boston area until 1982, when he took and won his first audition for The Phoenix Symphony. Here he studied with Albert Pratz and with Stuart Canin. Currently he serves as the Acting Associate Principal Second Violin (2nd chair) of the Phoenix Symphony.
Some of the great artists that he has performed with include David Oistrakh, Yehudi Menuhin, Nathan Milstein, Henryk Szering, Ida Haendel, YvriGitlis, Ruggiero Ricci, ShlomoMintz, Elmar Oliveira, Robert McDuffie, Yitzhak Perlmann, Midori, Hilary Hahn and Augustin Hadelich (violin); Pablo Casals, Pierre Fournier, Mstislav Rostropovich, YoYo Ma (cello); Van Cliburn, Emil Ghilels, Lang Lang (piano); Luciano Pavarotti, Placido Domingo (voice).
During the summer months you will find him in the Tetons with the famous summer orchestra made up of thecountry’s top elites, the Grand Teton Festival Orchestra.
Some of Dimitri’s specialties include Bach Unacompanied Violin Sonatas and Partitas, Mozart Violin Concerti, Paganini Caprices and Concerti, Tchaikovsky Violin Concerto, Beethoven Violin Concerto amongst others.
One of his highlight strengths along with his extensive orchestra background and experience are Orchestral Audition Coaching as well as Orchestral Excerpts training. After sitting on countless audition panels, he knows exactly what audition committees listen for and how to present and prepare for both college entrances and professional symphony auditions. If you are at ‘that point’ when you are either now getting ready for auditions, or even if you are a serious amateur player wanting to improv, we highly recommend that you contact him. He’s helped many players succeed.
Lastly, Dimitri is one of the few people in the country that feel equally comfortable with virtual (online) sessions, as well as in person. Feel free to contact him and see his rates at Dimitri Lazarescu Violin and Orchestra Audition preparation.
- Combined Custom Sets
- Pirastro Violin Strings
- Thomastik-Infeld Violin Strings
- D’Addario Violin Strings
- Corelli Strings
- Westminster E’s
- Baroque Violin Strings
- You name it…we combine it!
- Evah Pirazzi, Passione, Obligato, Gold Label, Olive, Chorda, Eudoxa and Paranito and Tonica
- Dominants, Infeld Blue, Infeld Red, Peter Infeld and Vision
- Helicore, Zyex, Prelude, Golden Spiral, Kaplan, Pro Arte
- Helicore, Kaplan and Prelude cello strings
- Brilliant, Nefrit, Ametyst, Karneol
- Westminster E strings in all sizes
- Strings geared to be used in “period" music…gut strings.
Here's helpful information for customers unsure about which violin strings would best suit their needs & more related links:
- When to change your strings
- What Violin Strings Are Good for Beginners
- How to clean your strings
- Which Violin Strings to Buy for a Rental?
- What so great about Evah Pirazzi Violin Strings?
- Thomastik-Infeld Dominant Strings
- Famous Violinst’s String Brand Choices (Interesting!)
- Violin String Combinations
- The Upright Bass
- Good Student Violin Strings
- Cello Strings
- Bobelock Violin Case
- Upright Bass Strings
- Bam Violin Cases
- Placing an Order
- Old Violin Versus New Violin
- Violin Humidity
- Phoenix Violin Teachers
- Studying the Violin in College
- Violin Orchestra Audition
- Cheap Student Violin Strings
- Special E String Packet Sampler …the VSESP!
- Virtual Violin Lessons Orchestra Auditions