Private Links: Wholesale Pricing
Call us: 800-600-2689
Peter Infeld, Infeld Blue and Infeld Red Violin Strings
Thomastik’s Peter Infeld, Blue Infeld and Red Infeld are still considered cutting edge in what the very best technology and latest ‘know-how" in making great sounding, responsive violin strings.
The Infeld Blues and Reds are quite similar in price, but can sound different. Always remember that each violin has a different ‘personality’ and will require a bit of trial and error in picking what particular strings the player likes, and what ‘works’ best on a violin. Tonally, the Reds tend to sound a bit warmer and darker, while the Blues tend to project more and sound a tad bright or more brilliant in tone. It can be a bit overwhelming while making a selection in violin strings.
The Peter Infeld brand (PI) are incredible in that offer some key advantages that are hard to combine in string making: They have a super dynamic range, project very well, yet still feel ‘soft’ under the left hand. (Up until now, loud projecting strings have always tended to feel stiff or hard to play under the left hand.)
A platinum E string? What’s all this about?? This is the first real platinum E string made in the world. To us, ‘platinum’ seemed a rather harsh alloy for an E string, but the Peter Infeld E platinums sound just the opposite: They are extremely responsive, yet still feel very supple under the left hand with the warmest sound.
The E Tin and Gold strings offer more variations and slight differences in tone and response. Remember: It not only depends on how you play, but how the violin responds to different strings.
Ball or Loop? All Infeld E strings come with a removable ball end. The removed ball end string is then o.k. for loop hook tailpieces.
Here's helpful information for customers unsure about which violin strings would best suit their needs & more related links:
- When to change your strings
- What Violin Strings Are Good for Beginners
- How to clean your strings
- Which Violin Strings to Buy for a Rental?
- What so great about Evah Pirazzi Violin Strings?
- Thomastik-Infeld Dominant Strings
- Famous Violinst’s String Brand Choices (Interesting!)
- Violin String Combinations
- The Upright Bass
- Good Student Violin Strings
- Cello Strings
- Bobelock Violin Case
- Upright Bass Strings
- Bam Violin Cases
- Placing an Order
- Old Violin Versus New Violin
- Violin Humidity
- Phoenix Violin Teachers
- Studying the Violin in College
- Violin Orchestra Audition
- Cheap Student Violin Strings
- Special E String Packet Sampler …the VSESP!
- Virtual Violin Lessons Orchestra Auditions