Private Links: Wholesale Pricing
Call us: 800-600-2689
Thomastik-Infeld Dominant Violin Strings
We think we can safely say that Thomastik’s Dominant Violin strings are the world’s most popular strings. They’re the holdover, mainstay, ‘Mr. Dependable’ violin string. As the old saying goes: “If it ain’t broke…don’t fix it!"
The Dominant violin strings come in 3 gauges: Weich (which means ‘light’), medium, and stark (heavy). They are made with a nylon core and come with several different choices for E strings. Even still, many prefer to order a different E (like a Gold Label E ). The Gold plated E looks and feels like a steel E, but sounds warmer than one. The Aluminum E is a wound string, a tad bit fatter, but warmer than any of the other E strings (of the Dominant brand. In general (with violin strings) players tend to prefer ordering a Silver D as opposed to a regular D. The Silver will be a tad thinner gauge and more responsive. If you are new to Dominants we recommend just a medium base set. Once you have these on, you can play them in and see how you like them and then later on, with your next set, change a string or two to accommodate your specific style of playing preferences and your violin.
Another alternative string set (similar) to the Dominant brand is Pirastro’s Tonica strings. We are running a special ‘packaged deal promo‘ to buy and try both sets at the same time.
Here's helpful information for customers unsure about which violin strings would best suit their needs & more related links:
- When to change your strings
- What Violin Strings Are Good for Beginners
- How to clean your strings
- Which Violin Strings to Buy for a Rental?
- What so great about Evah Pirazzi Violin Strings?
- Thomastik-Infeld Dominant Strings
- Famous Violinst’s String Brand Choices (Interesting!)
- Violin String Combinations
- The Upright Bass
- Good Student Violin Strings
- Cello Strings
- Bobelock Violin Case
- Upright Bass Strings
- Bam Violin Cases
- Placing an Order
- Old Violin Versus New Violin
- Violin Humidity
- Phoenix Violin Teachers
- Studying the Violin in College
- Violin Orchestra Audition
- Cheap Student Violin Strings
- Special E String Packet Sampler …the VSESP!